Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Class of 2015

yesterday, E culminated from 8th grade. I still don't have my head around the fact that she is headed to high school. (though we've completed her registration and gone to orientation, and dug into her summer reading already!)

2015
2015

today, K culminated from 5th grade. this one was especially bittersweet as this school has been at the heart of our lives for the last 10 years. it seems like yesterday I was carrying her on my hip as we walked E to kindergarten. I have learned so very much about so very much in these 10 years. public education. community. equity vs. equality. pedagogy. leadership. and the importance of being able to let go. I love this school. I love the community that surrounds it. I love all it stands for. it doesn't have the highest test scores, or the richest booster club, but I have met few other groups of students who are more civic minded kids. their level of empathy and inclusion continually impresses me. they give me hope.

2015
2015

K gave one of the culmination addresses, and touched on all the aspects of her school experience that made it special for her. in a nutshell, community. "Grow Where You Are Planted", she said.

as they head off to our neighborhood middle and high school, I have no doubt they will.





now off for ice cream!


2 comments:

house on hill road said...

congrats to both of your girls! you have a lot to be proud of, t.

Tracy said...

Thanks Erin. xo Feeling blessed.