Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2012

52 cookies :: week 26 :: chocolate cookies

a teacher at the girls' school gifted this to me on the last day. she had found it at a garage sale and thought of me. while the girls have not had this teacher - she knew me well, and hit the mark with this one. (love our community there!) it is divided by regions of b.c. and full of quirky information and recipes. this one i recall from my childhood.

52 cookies

it seemed fitting to be our first cookie made at our b.c. cottage... and a 1/2 way milestone through our cookie adventure...

52 cookies

Chocolate Cookies
from British Columbia Women's Institute "The Centennial Cook Book", 1958

1/2 c butter
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c milk
2 c white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Boil together 5 minutes, no more. Remove from fire and add: 3 cups oatmeal, 1/2 cup coconut.
Mix well and drop by spoonfuls on greased wax paper.

Makes about 4 dozen

K: I think its really awesome how it drives on its own and makes a cookie. The cookie is so cool. I wish I could have one every single morning!

E: The cookies are delicious. I love the crumbly coca powder falling off. I like the crunchiness and sweetness of these COOKIEs!

D: The perfect cure for a sweet tooth. A little softer than I would want them but within the texture a fudgy quality exists. You could easily file these in the “chocolate coconut oatmeal fudge” category. Kind of a mash-up. And crunchy chewy Su-weeeet!


my dear friend c has nominated me for a Liebster Award (thanks c!) i have known c for more years then i can count on fingers and toes. she is my rock. her blog inspires me to think carefully about the way we live, and more often than not teaches me something new. you can visit her here at retrench: poor cate's guide to frugal living

i need to think a bit about nominations... more soon.

1 comment:

this single spark said...

remove from fire! awesome!

these seem like good hot weather cookies. thinking of a trip to pinawa this weekend and i think these will be in our picnic....