Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

52 cookies :: week 25 :: camp cookies

we are off on our annual neighborhood campout this week. I brought these along for the ride...

52 cookies

Stephanie's Camp Cookies
via 3191

3/4 c softened unsalted butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 c unbleached white flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 c rolled oats
1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 c crisp rice cereal
1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cream butter and sugars with mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats, coconut, rice cereal and chocolate. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until well combined. It will be a crumbly dough—make sure everything is incorporated well. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly browned, but still wet at center. Cool on baking sheets and then transfer to a rack.

of course we brought along enough to share!

52 cookies

and solicited a few extra reviews ;)


K: I love the cookies so much. They are a delight to me. Thank you so much Mom. They are nice and crunchy!

E: They r good. I <3 the crunchiness. The flavor works for camping!

D: Classic. This week's cookie, an oatmeal chocolate chip is done to perfection. It's sweet, salty and chewy. I'm eating a whole bunch before the girls get home from camping. Man, this thing is sitting on top of the food pyramid, cookie department. Mmm!

from some campers...

I love the cookies. They were so super good. Good job Tracy!... It is crunchy and chewy. The coconut is delicious. The chocolate added a nice texture. I wish I could have 10 more!... I do not like them - I love them! I wish I had 100 more!... The cookies have chocolate chips in them. I like that.... 9 1/2 out of 9...


No comments: