Pages

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

regent's park

regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park
regent's park

we spent our first day traipsing around, rolling on the grass, eating yummy artisan sausage, and visiting the zoo - all at regent's park.

the zoo was fascinating. so much original historical architecture preserved - but without its original inhabitants who have moved on to more suitable enclosures as our knowledge of best practices has evolved. (pictured above is the original penguin enclosure by russian architect Berthold Lubetkin.) we did spend an inordinate amount of time in the reptile house.

a precursor to the excitement in store tomorrow!

1 comment:

amy h said...

I've enjoyed all your vacation pics! What a great trip for your family. Regent's was my favorite park while studying in London -- I spent many hours sitting amidst the roses! Maybe I'll get to take my girls there someday.