Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

sunshine on a cloudy day

sunshine{cloudy day}

it is cloudy and cold and looks like it will rain any minute now. this kind of weather puts me in a fabulous mood. socal is almost season-less. and this feels like something!

we got the new floor finished in the bathroom. you can not imagine the joy this brings me. (ok, d, i know you can imagine!) you can check it out here. it is glass tile and cork and it smells so good and feels so good and. well. i am in love with my floor. it is true. i think a thursday "corner of our home" post is a must...

the above pictured poncho was precured this past weekend while on a treasure hunt with sam. {thanks sam for your sharp eye once again!} the trip also yielded three new dresses for miss e and a fabulous hand-knit vest for miss k. the poncho appears to be handmade. and is a bit of sunshine on this otherwise cloudy day.

we are busy getting our miniswap package together. and working on aprons and bonnets for the bugs. all perfect for a day like today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tracy, i love your bathroom. the colours you choose look so warm. i also checked out your photos on flickr and i love your home :: our tastes are very similar. gotta love mid-century furnishings :: so well made and so pleasant on the eyes!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie patootie in her bright poncho!

And that bathroom floor? Oh, I'm swooning over flooring! (I am a dork.)

Take care and enjoy your cool weather!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you already know how in love I am with your house. But the cork + tile is perfection. [Great job, D!] My dream house will have cork + bamboo floors. =)

And the yellow poncho is bringing back some good memories. My mom made me a red poncho when I was young and I wore it ALL the time. Wish I had it now.

BunkleLife said...

Want the floor. Now!
Gorgeous gorgeous - feel free to send D. up north if he ever feels the need to install flooring!! Will seriously consider cork for the bathroom when I get around to finding the money for a revamp (no longer have the pole dancer body I once had, so extra cash is hard to come by...stop laughing ;-) Also under consideration: marmoleum and bamboo.

Great poncho on the lovely bug!
xoj

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad about all this, i can only imagine how happy you must be!

(now i'm rethinking our bathroom... hmmm)

lisa solomon said...

oh! reminds me of my poncho filled childhood....

and new bathroom floor? yippee!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh I can't wait to see your bathroom on Thursday!
LOVE, love, LOVE the poncho!!!

leta joy said...

Totally awesome poncho.