Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday - Time.2

WTh
FM

Our morning routine is pretty regular. Monday thru Friday the little bug wakes me up at 6:00. She cries for her sister and I explain that she needs to let her sleep. She asks for her dada and I tell her he left before she woke. (D leaves the house at 5:50 now so that he can take the bus over the hill to be at the museum by 7:00.) The big bug is up by 6:30. She immediately takes her spot in the sun on the sofa and leafs through a book before joining her little sister at the breakfast table. It is usually cereal. Though waffles have seen a rise in popularity rating lately. Especially with maple yoghurt. Milk for the girls. Green tea and oatmeal for me. The little bug likes a tablespoon of my oatmeal dabbed beside whatever she is eating.

Saturday and Sunday they rise with their dad and like to sit on the counter while he grinds the coffee beans. This past Sunday they brought me breakfast in bed as a special treat.

It was a treat - but my quiet mornings in the sun with them during the week are my favorite times.

You can see all the pics taken Wednesday through Tuesday here.

And more Self-Portraits here.

5 comments:

this single spark said...

That sounds like a lovely way to start your day! My morning routine consists of whacking the snooze button, trying to convince the cat to stay in bed with me, scrambling together breakfast and packing my lunch, rushing into the shower, dashing out the door with wet hair, and arriving at work 10 minutes late. If I could get up at 6:30 when I'm supposed to, the rest of my morning would be much more peaceful. But in the dark north, it is hard to get going. As of this week, the sun is up at 6:54 so it is actually light out when I open my eyes. Ahhhh....

Tracy said...

It is lovely! I know someday it will be impossible to get them out of bed - so I am enjoying this while I can. (Though then maybe I'll get to sleep in every once in a while!!) xxoo

Jorth said...

Sounds absolutely delightful!

Tracy said...

love you too d!! xo

Anonymous said...

your bugs are cuties!